|Auteur||Lippincott Williams & Wilkins|
Designed as a companion to 'ACSM's Guidelines for Exercise Testing and Prescription, Seventh Edition' and as a recommended study tool for ACSM certifications, this book covers all the major aspects of preventive rehabilitative and fitness programs and the main points from all position stands of the American College of Sports Medicine.
It provides readers with the necessary background information to address the knowledge, skills, and abilities (KSAs) set forth in ACSM's Guidelines. New topics covered and those with increased emphasis include assessment of physical activity, applied exercise programming, arthritic diseases and conditions, neuromuscular diseases and exercise, and more.
New and significantly revised topics include the following:
- Assessment of Physical Activity
- Clinical Exercise Testing in individuals with Disabilities due to Neuromuscular Disorders
- Applied Exercise Programming
- Arthritic Diseases and Exercise
- Neuromuscular Diseases and Exercise
- Immunological Conditions
- Channels for Delivering Behaverial Programs
- The Exercise Program Professional and Related Staff